Technical Sales Manager – Detroit, MI Territory
(Should be based in greater Raleigh-Durham Area, approximately 30 miles to city center)
The technical salesman filling this position will be responsible for representing McAlister Design in a defined territory. Must be familiar with many electrical engineering and mechanical engineering concepts as well as a wide variety of industrial machinery. Must be able to generate project cost estimate spreadsheets and finalize proposal documents to be sent to customers. Will be responsible for identifying new customers in the territory and making contact with them by phone, email, and in person.
• 10+ years of relevant industry experience
• University degree and technical degrees will be considered
• Ability to communicate well with senior managers in a variety of situations
• Identifying new customers in your territory and making contact with them by phone, email and in person.
• Meeting customers and finding out about new project leads and future opportunities
• Networking with territory vendors to generate new customer and project leads
• Reporting to MDI each week with a report on sales activity and sales progress
• Generating reports to track current customers and identify prospective customers.
• Generating estimates for projects with excel and submitting to MDI management for review. You will work with MDI management on finalizing the estimates with many revisions.
• Generating proposals for projects with word and submitting to MDI management for authorization to release to customer. You will work with MDI management on finalizing the final proposals.
• Attend weekly or bi-weekly sales/management meetings at MDI in Greenville, SC. (some may be a conference call or video conferencing for these meetings, especially for out of state employees)
• Attend internal project kick-off meetings at MDI in Greenville, SC when required (Could set up conference call or video conferencing for these meetings, especially for out of state employees)
• Attend project design review meetings at MDI in Greenville, SC when required (Could set up conference call or video call for these meetings, especially for out of state employees)
• Attend project Run-Offs at MDI in Greenville, SC when required
• Following up with customers throughout the project to make sure MDI is on track with delivery, within scope, and meeting the customers’ expectations.
• Following up with customers after the project is completed to get valuable feedback about MDI project success and to seek out future opportunities.
• Completing certain technical and/or sales training classes as needed and desired by MDI management.
• Help with procuring purchase orders, drawings, RFQs, Specifications, etc. from customers and forwarding all information to MDI management
• Travel as necessary when required
• Following all safety rules at MDI and at the customer’s facility
• Follow all MDI policies, standards, and rules set forth by MDI management
• Work after hours, or other times when needed, to get a proposal or customer request completed on time
McAlister Design is conveniently located near down town Greenville and offers a competitive benefit package including medical, disability, life insurance and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to take part with a leader in Custom Automated Machinery and Robotics design. Please visit us at www.mcalisterdesign.com
McAlister Design Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.