Electrical Engineer Job Description:
Reporting into the Electrical Engineering Manager the SR. Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on each project assignment. Consisting of design, implementation, and documentation of electrical design systems for a various type of automated equipment.
• Conduct the electrical, peripheral device, machine PLC, HMI and robotic programming.
• Coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with the appropriate build, power and design teams.
• Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or MDI build specifications using standard techniques and approach.
• Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment; up to 25% travel expected yearly.
• Work cross functionally with all departments.
• Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
• Provide timely customer service and warranty to both internal and external customers.
• Communicate technical information and critical processes to the project team.
• Drive process improvements in the organization and work area to optimize efficiency.
• Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
• PLC- Allen Bradley: CompactLogix, Control Logix, SLC 500, Micro 800.
• PLC- Siemens: S7-300/400 Platform, TIA Ver15. (Not Required)
• HMI- Allen Bradley: PanelView, PanelView Plus.
• HMI- Siemens: WinCC Flex, TIA Ver 15 Comfort. (Not Required)
• Robots: Fanuc, ABB
• Complete Electrical Hardware design from concept to final build.
• Autocad / Autocad Electrical design experience.
• Servo / VFD Experience.
• Vision system setup / programming.
McAlister Design is conveniently located near down town Greenville and offers a competitive benefit package including medical, disability, life insurance and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to take part with a leader in Custom Automated Machinery and Robotics design. Please visit us at
McAlister Design Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.