The Mechanical Engineering Technician is a mid-level technician position responsible for the mechanical assembly and trouble shooting of more complex mechanical systems which are custom built for a variety of diverse industries. A proven history of successful achievement in these areas is a requirement.
• ASME and 1-3 years of experience.
• 3-5 years of experience without degree
• Proficiency in the use of all hand tools
• Basic machine tool operation
• Knowledge of precision measurement tools
• Proficiency in the assembly of precision systems
• Proficiency in mechanical troubleshooting of complex systems
• Basic welding skills
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Reviewing all mechanical documentation for accuracy.
• Documenting changes and communicating them back to the engineering group.
• Cross checking BOM’s with project cart to identify missing parts
• Assembling mechanical components and sub-assemblies to drawing specification and company standards, installing pneumatic and/or hydraulic valves, plumbing, and piping, and documenting all changes and modifications made at assembly.
• Document and track field changes and communicate them back to the engineering group
• Assisting engineering group with start-up trouble shooting and documentation.
• Becoming the expert in specific equipment operations and trouble shooting.
• Assisting engineering group with writing operations manuals.
• Assisting with installation planning, tear-down, shipping, assembly, and training at client facility.
McAlister Design is conveniently located near down town Greenville and offers a competitive benefit package including medical, disability, life insurance and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to take part with a leader in Custom Automated Machinery and Robotics design. Please visit us at
McAlister Design Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.