The Electrical Engineering Technician – 3 is a mid-level technician position responsible for electrical assembly and trouble shooting of electrical systems which are custom built for a variety of diverse industries. A proven history of successful achievement in these areas is a requirement.
• ASEE and 1-3 years of experience.
• 3-5 years of experience without degree
• Proficiency in the use of troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
• Proficiency in reading understanding wiring diagrams
• Understanding of NEC and NFPA codes
• Knowledge of AutoCAD
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to troubleshoot basic PLC and HMI programming
• Reviewing documentation prior to assembly checking for errors and marking prints to reflect changes. Communicating that information back to the engineering group
• Assembling and wiring electrical components, sub-assemblies, and panels to specification and company standards. Documenting all changes made at assembly and communicating that information back to the engineering group
• Assisting engineering group with start-up trouble shooting and documentation
• Becoming the expert on specific equipment operations and trouble shooting
• Assisting engineering group with writing operations manuals
• Assisting with installation planning, tear-down, shipping, assembly, and training at client facility
• Training client personnel in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of completed equipment.
• Mentoring to entry level assemblers and technicians
McAlister Design is conveniently located near down town Greenville and offers a competitive benefit package including medical, disability, life insurance and 401k. This is an excellent opportunity to take part with a leader in Custom Automated Machinery and Robotics design. Please visit us at www.mcalisterdesign.com
McAlister Design Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.