The engineer filling this position will be the primary technical resource for the sales group and be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The applications engineer will work with the sales team as the key technical resource for multiple sales engineers and must be able to identify and provide innovative solutions for all applications to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The applications engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
• Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
• Provide design and specification development support to sales team.
• Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFQs
• Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
• Assist in the design and development of new equipment.
• Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
• Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
• Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
• Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
• Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
• BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in the automation industry
• Experience 3–5 Years in Engineering with 2-4 years additional experience in Mechanical and Electrical Applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in AutoCad and Solid Works for generating conceptual sales drawings
• Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems
• Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
• Available for Travel 15-30%
• Customer Service or Sales Support experience.
• Proven Project Management skills. Applications Experience